WHAT is God declared to be?
“God is _____.” 1 John 4:16.
2. How great is God’s love for the world?
“For God so loved the world, that _______ His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
3. In what act especially has God’s love been manifested?
“In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent _________________ into the world, that we _________ through Him.” 1 John 4:9.
4. In what does God delight?
“Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger forever, because He delighteth ________.” Micah 7:18.
5. How are His mercies continually manifested?
“It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are ________________: great is Thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22, 23.
6. Upon how many does God bestow His blessings?
“He maketh His sun to rise on the ____ and on the _____, and sendeth rain on the _____ and on the _______.” Matthew 5:45.
7. What did Jesus say of the one who loves Him?
“He that loveth Me shall be loved of _________, and I will _______, and will ______________ unto him.” John 14:21.
8. Into what relationship to God does His love bring us?
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called _____________.” 1 John 3:1.
9. How may we know that we are the sons of God?
“For as many as are ______ the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. . . . The Spirit itself beareth witness ____________, that we are the children of God.” Romans 8:14-16.
10. How is the love of God supplied to the believer?
“And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts _______________ which is given unto us.” Romans 5:5.
11. In view of God’s great love to us, what ought we to do?
“Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to ______________.” 1 John 4:11.
12. With what measure of love should we serve others?
“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to ______________ for the brethren.” 1 John 3:16.
13. What exhortation is based upon Christ’s love for us?
“And __________, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor.” Ephesians 5:2.
14. Upon what ground does God’s work for sinners rest?
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for His _________ wherewith __________, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:4-6. See Titus 3:5, 6.
15. In what other way is God’s love sometimes shown?
“For whom the Lord loveth He _________, and ________ every son whom He receiveth.” Hebrews 12:6.
16. In view of God’s great love, what may we confidently expect?
“He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely ______________?” Romans 8:32.
17. What is God’s love able to do for His children?
“Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not harken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned ________ into _________ unto thee, because the Lord thy God loved thee.” Deuteronomy 23:5.
18. When men appreciate God’s love, what will. they do?
“How excellent is Thy loving-kindness, O God! therefore the children of men put _________ under the shadow of Thy wings.” Psalm 36:7.
19. How enduring is God’s love for us?
“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an _____________: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3.
20. Can anything separate the true child of God from the love of God?
“For I am persuaded, that neither _____, nor ____, nor ______, nor ___________, nor _______, nor ____________, nor ____________, nor ______, nor ______, nor _______________, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38, 39.
21. Unto whom will the saints forever ascribe praise?
“Unto ____ that ________, and _________ from our sins in His own blood, . . . to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever.” Revelation 1:5, 6.
Every Word-11 The Love of God