BY whom were the heavens and the earth created?
“In the beginning ____ created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1.
2. Through whom did God create all things?
“For ______ [the Son] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created ______, and for ____.” Col. 1:16. “All things were made ______ [through Him, RSV, margin]: and without ____ was not anything made that was made.” John 1:3. See also Hebrews 1:1, 2.
3. What do the heavens declare?
“The heavens declare the ___________; and the firmament showeth His handiwork.” Psalm 19:1.
4. What was God’s object in making the earth?
“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it _____________.” Isaiah 45:18.
5. In whose image was man created?
“So God created man in ____________, in the image _____ created He him; male and female created He them.” Genesis 1:27.
6. What home did God make for man in the beginning?
“And the Lord __________________ eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food. . . . And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the _____________ to dress it and to keep it.” Genesis 2:8-15.
7. What may be perceived through the things that are made?
“For the ____________ of ____ from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His ___________ and ________; so that they are without excuse.” Romans 1:20.
8. Whose workmanship is the Christian?
“For we are ______________, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10.
9. What assurance is given concerning the unfailing power of the Creator?
” Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, _______ not, neither is ______? there is no searching of His understanding.” Isaiah 40:28.
10. What encouraging statement follows concerning the supply of power to the faint?
“He ___________ to the faint; and to them that have no might He ________________.” Verse 29.
11. To whom are those who suffer exhorted to commit their souls?
“Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing unto a _____________.” 1 Peter 4: 19, RSV
12. What gave special force to the oath of an angel?
“And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by Him that liveth forever and ever, who ______ heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer.” Revelation 10:5, 6.
13. What contrast is drawn in the Scriptures between the Creator and false gods?
“Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have ________ the _______ and the _____, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. . . . The portion of Jacob is not like them: for He is the ______ of all things; and Israel is the rod of His inheritance: The Lord of hosts is His name.” Jeremiah 10:11-16.
14. To whom is our worship justly due?
“O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our ______.” Psalm 95:6.
15. In view of the curse upon this creation, what has God promised?
“For, behold, I ______ new _______ and a new _____: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Isaiah 65:17. See Revelation 21:1.
16. What is the true basis of the brotherhood of man?
“Have we not all one Father? hath not one God _________? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Malachi 2:10.