NOTE: All content is subject to editing for purposes of correction and clarification. Registered users will be emailed post-update notifications.
THROUGH what agency did God create the heavens?
“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the ______ of His _____.” “For He _____, and it was done; He __________, and it stood fast.” Psalm 33:6, 9.
2. By what does Christ uphold all things?
“Upholding all things by the ____ of His power.” Hebrews 1:3.
3. Of what are some willingly ignorant?
“For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the ____ of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, _______.” 2 Peter 3:5, 6.
4. By what are the present heavens and earth reserved for a similar fate?
“But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the _________ are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.” Verse 7.
5. In what other scripture is it shown that creative power is exercised through the word of God?
“Let them praise the name of the Lord: for He __________, and they were created.” Psalm 148:5.
6. What change is wrought in one who is in Christ?
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a ___________ [there is a new creation, R. V., margin]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are _________.” 2 Corinthians 5:17.
7. What is this new creation also called?
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be _________, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3.
8. Through what agency is this new creation, or new birth, accomplished?
“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the ___________, which liveth and abideth forever.” 1 Peter 1:23.
9. What is the first creative commandment recorded in the Bible? and what was the result of it?
“And God said, Let there be _____: and there was _____.” Genesis 1:3.
10. What connection is there between the creation of light in the beginning, and the light of the gospel?
“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the _________ of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:6.
11. Why were the people astonished at Christ’s teaching?
“And they were astonished at His doctrine: for His word was __________.” Luke 4:32.
12. What testified to the power of the word of Christ?
“And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with _________ and _____ He commandeth the unclean spirits, and they _________.” Verse 36.
13. What did Christ say is the seed of the kingdom of God?
“The seed is the __________.” Luke 8:11.
14. Where should the word of Christ dwell?
“Let the word of Christ dwell _____ richly in all _______.” Colossians 3:16.
15. What did Christ say of the unbelieving Jews respecting the word of God?
“Ye have not His word abiding in you: for whom He hath sent, Him ye believe not.” John 5:38.
16. How does the word of God work in the believer?
“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which _________ worketh also in you that believe.” 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
17. What nature is imparted through the promises of God?
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the _____________, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” 2 Peter 1:4.
18. By what are believers made clean?
“Now ye are clean through ________ which I have spoken unto you.” John 15:3.
19. How may a young man cleanse his way?
“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by __________ thereto according to _________.” Psalm 119:9.
20. How did God heal His people anciently?
“He sent ________, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” Psalm 107:20.
21. How did the centurion show his faith in the power of Christ’s word to heal?
“The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldest come under my roof: but ______________ only, and my servant shall be healed.” Matthew 8:8.
22. What power has the word when hidden in the heart?
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might ______ against Thee.” Psalm 119:11. See also Psalm 17:4.
23. What did God humble Israel, and suffer them to hunger?
“And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, . . . that He might make thee know that man doth not live by __________, but by every word that proceedeth out of the _______________ doth man live.” Deuteronomy 8:3.
24. What is required beyond a mere hearing of the word?
“But be ye _____ of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22.
25. What is the result of doing God’s will?
“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that ___________ of God abideth forever.” 1 John 2:17.