NOTE: All content is subject to editing for purposes of correction, clarification, and enhancement. Please watch your email for post update notifications.
BY what name are the sacred writings of the Bible commonly known?
“Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in __________, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?” Matthew 21:42.
2. What other title is given to this revelation of God to man?
“And He answered and said unto them, My mother and My brethren are these which hear ____________, and do it.” Luke 8:21.
3. How were the Scriptures given?
“All scripture is given by ________ of ___.” 2 Timothy 3:16.
4. By whom were the men directed who, under divine inspiration, spoke for God?
“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by ___________.” 2 Peter 1:21.
5. What specific instance is mentioned by Peter?
“Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of _____ spake before concerning _____, which was guide to them that took Jesus.” Acts 1:16.
6. How does David express this same truth?
“The Spirit of the Lord _________, and His word was in my tongue.” 2 Samuel 23:2.
7. Who, therefore, did the speaking through these men?
“___, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.” Hebrews 1:1
“In the beginning ___ created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1.
8. For what specific purpose were the Scriptures written?
“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our ______, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.” Romans 15:4.
9. For what is all scripture profitable?
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for _______, for ______, for ________, for instruction in __________.” 2 Timothy 3:16.
10. What was God’s ultimate design in giving the Scriptures?
“That the man of God may be ______, thoroughly furnished unto all _________.” 2 Timothy 3:17.
11. What high estimate did Job place upon the words of God?
“Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary _____.” Job 23:12.
12. Upon what evidence did Jesus base His Messiahship?
“And beginning at _____ and all the _______, He expounded unto them in ___ the ________ the things concerning Himself.” Luke 24:27.
13. What three general divisions did Jesus recognize as including all the writings of the Old Testament?
“And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the ___ of _____, and in the _______, and in the _____, concerning Me.” Luke 24:44.
14. What does God’s character preclude Him from doing?
“In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot ___, promised before the world began.” Titus 1:2.
15. What is God called in the Scriptures?
“He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God ______ and without iniquity, just and right is He.” Deuteronomy 32:4.
16. What, therefore must be the character of His word?
“Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word ______.” John 17:17.
17. What test, therefore, should be applied to every professed teacher of truth?
“To the ___ and to the _______: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” Isaiah 8:20.
18. What does God design that His word shall be to us in this world of darkness, sin, and death?
“Thy word is _____ unto my feet, and _____ unto my path.” Psalm 119:105.
19. To what extent has God magnified His word?
“Thou hast magnified Thy word above all _______.” Psalm 138:2.
NOTE: God did this by backing His promises with an oath based upon Himself. Hebrews 6:13,14. By this He pledged and placed at stake His name, or character, for the fulfillment of His word
20. In what is the true poetry of life to be found?
“Thy ______ have been my _____ in the house of my pilgrimage.” Psalm 119:54.
21. How long will the word of God endure?
“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand ______.” Isa. 40:8. “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall __________.” Matthew 24:35.