NOTE: All content is subject to editing for purposes of correction and clarification. Registered users will be emailed post-update notifications.
WHAT is sin declared to be?
“Whosoever committeth sin ___________ also the law: for sin is the ____________ of the law.” 1 John 3:4.
2. What precedes the manifestation of sin?
“Then when ____ hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin.” James 1:15.
3. What is the final result or fruit of sin?
“And sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth _____.” Same verse. “The wages of sin is _____.” Romans 6:23.
4. Upon how many of the human race did death pass as the result of Adam’s transgression?
“By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed ___________, for that all have sinned.” Rom. 5:12. “In Adam ________.” 1 Corinthians 15:22.
5. How was the earth itself affected by Adam’s sin?
“_______ is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; ______ also and ______ shall it bring forth to thee.” Genesis 3:17, 18.
6. What additional curse came as the result of the first murder?
“And the Lord said unto Cain, . . . And now art thou cursed ____________, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand; when thou ______________, it shall ___ henceforth yield unto thee her _______.” Genesis 4:9-12.
7. What terrible judgment came in consequence of continued sin and transgression against God?
“And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth. . . . The end of all flesh is come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence.” “And Noah was six hundred years old when the ________________ was upon the earth. . . . The same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.” Genesis 6:7-13; 7:6-11.
8. After the flood, what came in consequence of further apostasy from God?
“And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let Us go down, and there ________ their ________, that they may not understand one another’s ______. So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.” Genesis 11:5-8.
9. Into what condition has sin brought the entire creation?
“For we know that the whole creation _______ and ________ in pain together until now.” Romans 8:22.
10. What explains God’s apparent delay in dealing with sin?
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is ____________ to us ward, not willing that any should _____, but that all should come to _________.” 2 Peter 3:9.
11. What is God’s attitude toward the sinner?
“For I have no pleasure in the _____ of him that _____, saith the Lord God; wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.” Ezekiel 18:32.
12. Can man free himself from the dominion of sin?
“Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also _______, that are accustomed to ______.” Jeremiah 13:23.
13. What place has the will in determining whether man shall have life?
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And _____________, let him take the water of life freely.” Revelation 22:17.
14. To what extent has Christ suffered for sinners?
“He was ________ for our transgressions, He was ______ for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His ______ we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5.
15. For what purpose was Christ manifested?
“And we know that He was manifested to __________________; and in Him is no sin. . . . He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might ______ the works of the _____.” 1 John 3:5-8.
16. What was one direct purpose of the incarnation of Christ?
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might ______ him that had the power of _____, that is, the _____.” Hebrews 2:14.
17. What triumphant chorus will mark the end of the reign of sin?
“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, _______, and ______, and _____, and ______, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.” Revelation 5:13.
18. When and by what means will the effects of sin be removed?
“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall ____ with fervent ____, the earth also, and the works that are therein shall be __________.” 2 Peter 3:10.
19. How will the curse of the confusion of tongues be brought to an end?
“For then will I turn to the people _____________, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent.” Zephaniah 3:9.
20. How thoroughly will the effects of sin be removed?
“And God shall _________ all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more _____, neither ______, nor ______, neither shall there be any more ____: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4. “And there shall be no more _____: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it [the holy city]; and His servants shall serve Him.” Revelation 22:3.
21. Will sin and its evil results ever appear again?
“What do ye imagine against the Lord? He will make an utter end: affliction shall ________ the second time.” Nahum 1:9. “There shall be no more _____.” “And there shall be no more _____.” Revelation 21:4; 22:3.