NOTE: All content is subject to editing for purposes of correction and clarification. Registered users will be emailed post-update notifications.
IN what one word is the character of God expressed?
“He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is ____.” 1 John 4:8.
2. What are some of the attributes of God?
“The Lord is ________ in all His ways, and ____ in all His works.” Psalm 145:17.
3. Does Christ possess these same attributes?
“By His knowledge shall __________________ [Christ] justify many.” Isaiah 53:11. “Neither wilt Thou suffer ______________ to see corruption.” Acts 2:27.
4. When proclaiming His name to Moses, how did the Lord define His character?
“And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, _______ and ________, ____________, and abundant in ________ and _____, keeping ______ for thousands, ________ iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty.” Exodus 34:5-7.
5. What is said of the tender compassion of God?
“But Thou, O Lord, art a God _______________, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.” Psalm 86:15.
6. What is said of God’s faithfulness in keeping His promises?
“Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, _____________, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to __________________.” Deuteronomy 7:9.
7. What is said of the strength and wisdom of God? “Behold, God is _______, and despiseth not any: He ___________________________.” Job 36:5.
8. What treasures are hid in Christ?
“In whom are hid all the treasures of _______ and __________.” Colossians 2:3.
9. In what language is the justice of God described?
“He is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways ___________: a God of truth and without iniquity, ____ and _____ is He.” Deuteronomy 32:4.
10. In what words is His impartiality proclaimed?
“For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which _________________, nor taketh reward.” Deuteronomy 10:17. “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is ___________________: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.” Acts 10:34, 35.
11. To how many is the Lord good?
“The Lord is _________: and His tender mercies are over all His works.” Psalm 145:9.
12. Why did Christ tell us to love our enemies?
“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the _______ of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the ____ and on the ____, and sendeth rain on the ____ and on the _____.” Matthew 5:44, 45.
13. How perfect does Christ tell His followers to be?
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as _________ which is in ______ is perfect.” Verse 48.