BY what name are the sacred writings of the Bible commonly known?
“Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in __________, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?” Matthew 21:42.
2. What other title is given to this revelation of God to man?
“And He answered and said unto them, My mother and My brethren are these which hear ____________, and do it.” Luke 8:21.
3. How were the Scriptures given?
“All scripture is given by ________ of ___.” 2 Timothy 3:16.
4. By whom were the men directed who, under divine inspiration, spoke for God?
“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by ___________.” 2 Peter 1:21.
5. What specific instance is mentioned by Peter?
“Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of _____ spake before concerning _____, which was guide to them that took Jesus.” Acts 1:16.
6. How does David express this same truth?
“The Spirit of the Lord _________, and His word was in my tongue.” 2 Samuel 23:2.
7. Who, therefore, did the speaking through these men?
“___, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.” Hebrews 1:1
“In the beginning ___ created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1.
8. For what specific purpose were the Scriptures written?
“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our ______, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.” Romans 15:4.
9. For what is all scripture profitable?
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for _______, for ______, for ________, for instruction in __________.” 2 Timothy 3:16.
10. What was God’s ultimate design in giving the Scriptures?
“That the man of God may be ______, thoroughly furnished unto all _________.” 2 Timothy 3:17.
11. What high estimate did Job place upon the words of God?
“Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary _____.” Job 23:12.
12. Upon what evidence did Jesus base His Messiahship?
“And beginning at _____ and all the _______, He expounded unto them in ___ the ________ the things concerning Himself.” Luke 24:27.
13. What three general divisions did Jesus recognize as including all the writings of the Old Testament?
“And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the ___ of _____, and in the _______, and in the _____, concerning Me.” Luke 24:44.
14. What does God’s character preclude Him from doing?
“In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot ___, promised before the world began.” Titus 1:2.
15. What is God called in the Scriptures?
“He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God ______ and without iniquity, just and right is He.” Deuteronomy 32:4.
16. What, therefore must be the character of His word?
“Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word ______.” John 17:17.
17. What test, therefore, should be applied to every professed teacher of truth?
“To the ___ and to the _______: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” Isaiah 8:20.
18. What does God design that His word shall be to us in this world of darkness, sin, and death?
“Thy word is _____ unto my feet, and _____ unto my path.” Psalm 119:105.
19. To what extent has God magnified His word?
“Thou hast magnified Thy word above all _______.” Psalm 138:2.
NOTE: God did this by backing His promises with an oath based upon Himself. Hebrews 6:13,14. By this He pledged and placed at stake His name, or character, for the fulfillment of His word
20. In what is the true poetry of life to be found?
“Thy ______ have been my _____ in the house of my pilgrimage.” Psalm 119:54.
21. How long will the word of God endure?
“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand ______.” Isa. 40:8. “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall __________.” Matthew 24:35.